Monday 10 June 2013

"220, 225...Whatever it Takes!"

Cheers!  Had to purchase a new curling device for thy locks!  Yes- I have a mega size converter- but failed to switch from 50W to 1600W for my curling iron operating off of the Alternating Current over here across the pond.  So- this morning while my curling iron was plugged in- I heard a "pop" then I saw smoke.  The converter was too hot to handle- but it was smokin' in this over 200 year old house I'm staying in.  So- I took the converter out- smokin' and all, opened my window and set the converter out on the ledge to smoke and cool- hahahhahahha- only me!
Guess what is missing?  The clamp off of the curling iron- so you don't have to wrap the hair and hold it yourself and how about those electrical prongs?!?- won't be able to use that back in the states.  Well, tootle pip for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment